Monday, November 14, 2011

Bit of a Dogs breakfast

So yesterday was not as fun as expected. We ran in Death Frost Doom instead of my helfrost campaign. Also my son rolled up a Traveller character with help from Ryan. I'm not a big space game player. Too often they are all about mortgage payments or old characters or a re-enactment of firefly. Now I Loved to watch firefly. There was Great acting there and the dialogues were great. I am an average person though and don't come up with spiffy comments like Mal would. So I know I'm a neanderthal but I love cinematic RPGs. I might get into Star Wars or some space combat, but puzzles with no experience awarded or treasure is a waste. Ironically I think Mal and Jayne would agree that they want straight forwardness with some advancement at the end.
     That also rolls into what I thought of Death Frost Doom. It was a Tomb of Horrors type module with no advancement possible. Sure maybe if you flapped your arms in the third hour and slapped your head against a wall dislodging a tooth and opening the secret door to Tiamat's bathroom. Then you could roll yourself in toilet paper and flush yourself before the apocalypse started. I did thoroughly enjoy Ryan's GMing in character though.
     Next week we'll go back to Deadlands and continue our jaunt across Europe. It will be fun I think.
Until next time, keep your powder dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment